Thursday, March 10

Thirsty Thursday #2

Today's Thirsty Thursday is brought to you by Read an E-book Week, where Spiral X is 50% off HERE and Split is 100% off HERE.

Thirsty Thursday is my own recurring meme whereupon I lift a glass (metaphorically speaking) to celebrate the triumphs I have experienced in the last seven days. They can be big, they can be small, but there has to be something because I believe life is all about looking at the positive. It's simply too short and too unpredictable to focus on the negative. So with that in mind, here is why I'm raising a glass today:

1. Finished Chapter One of Book Two and have made progress into Chapter Two.

2. Set a date in the future to have Book Two done 100%. I will let that date slip here when it's almost a given that I'll meet it.

3. Finished my Composition final project and turned it in. I was unsure of how everything would turn out in regards to this, but I am happy to say that I'm confident in what I'm presenting.

4. Signed up for my next term's classes. Looking forward to tackling some new subjects.

5. Since this is Texas, our grass is growing already, so we got out there and got the lawn mowed and almost all the leaves raked up. Next week I get to do some lawn fertilization. Going to try sugar to help the nutrients and lower the nitrogen in the soil so the weeds will die out.

6. A couple of weeks ago we picked up a bunch of seeds (pea, pumpkin, watermelon, marigolds, and sunflowers) and planted them inside transferable pots. This is a family project. We weren't expecting much overall, at least not initially, but holy cow did those seeds sprout really fast! It's not totally "safe" to plant them outside yet, but we may not have a choice. Some of the shoots are topping over 6" right now and the roots of the pumpkins are already snaking around in the containers. So it looks like we'll have a garden this year (the first).

And that's about it. A lot of little stuff this week, and I'm sure I'm leaving one or two items off the list, but they are all reason to look at this past week and say, "Good job!"

So what are your reasons to raise a glass?

No comments:

Post a Comment