Thursday, May 19

Thirsty Thursday #8


Thirsty Thursday is my own recurring meme whereupon I lift a glass (metaphorically speaking) to celebrate the triumphs I have experienced in the last seven days. They can be big, they can be small, but there has to be something because I believe life is all about looking at the positive. It's simply too short and too unpredictable to focus on the negative. So with that in mind, here is why I'm raising a glass today:

1. New Desk! For years my wife and I have bounced around between department store desks that you put together yourself. Not this time. We went to an actual furniture store and picked up something that meets our needs and will last us a really long time. So exciting!

2. Savings! My wife continues to expand and refine our budget saving weekly grocery store shopping trips, and so far this month we're over 30% savings. We're already spending less than we normally were, and that's with stocking up on items as we come into good deals.

3. Reading! I read "Legacies" by F. Paul Wilson, the second in the Repairman Jack series and I was struck by the similarities in the pacing of the book compared to what I did with Spiral X. It starts off kind of slow, there's a few "moments" but nothing too heart racing, but it's all build up to the last half of the novel, which starts and does not stop until the end. A very good read. Also the first book I've read in a few months. There's always a correlation between me writing and me reading, and I have to keep up the latter in order to keep up with the former. Me reading is a good thing.

4. Giveaway contests! I am participating as part of a giveaway contest for Mommies Who Love Freebies. Instructions are in Album 1 on the 4th picture (consequently, Spiral X/Split/The Plan are in Album 1 as well). Overall there are something like 500 items up, so if you're a Mommy and you love Freebies, head on over and check it out.

And that's it for tonight. And, because I can, GO MAVS!

No comments:

Post a Comment