Sunday, February 27

A Very Special Sample Sunday #7

So last night I hit the first major milestone in Book Two. I finished the outline. This is actually a big deal for me, because when I started in on Spiral X, I had a rough idea of what I wanted to happen. In my head. That didn't work out so well, as it took me about a year to get through the first half of the book, and then it fizzled out. It was only when I had an outline in place for the back half of the book that I was able to push through to the end. The best part? It only took me a month. See the difference? So when I came around to doing Book Two, I resolved to make sure I had an outline in place before I started writing. That goal is now accomplished.

So for today's Sample Sunday, I thought I would commemorate the occasion by releasing what might be the very first line of the book. I say "might" because I can't even be sure it'll make it to the release copy, but I like it, it's been in my head for a few weeks now, and I think it'll be enough to get people to read through. Hit the break to check it out.

I think it speaks of just how messed up my life is, when my only reaction to the auctioneer's assistant blowing out his boss's brains with a shotgun, was to sigh and say, "Figures."

No comments:

Post a Comment