Thursday, December 30

End of the Year

It's just about time to say "toodles" to 2010. While the year didn't start off all that well, things progressively got better, and I'm hoping the momentum carries over into 2011. A few highlights:

  • Started attending Kaplan University in May. I'm shooting for a Bachelor's of Science in Information Technology with an emphasis on Mobile Computing. I'm 14 years out of High School, so this is a big deal for me.
  • Hit a breakthrough on my writing process, which allowed me to go from being half done with Spiral X in June to completely done in October.
  • Released Spiral X into the world at large.
  • Watched my little boy start going to school. They grow up so fast!
  • My manager finally saw what everyone else was seeing in me, and has sent me to two intermediate level classes for the service management process we use. Always before I felt like I wasn't being appreciated for what I did, and that has changed so much that I feel much more secure going forward, especially with the many changes coming up in the next year.
I'm fairly certain I'm missing more than a few, but those five stick out to me more than others. 2011 is looking up, if only because everything that has happened so far is capable of being built upon. 

Did a slight redesign of the side panels last night. I think I did a fairly good job with it. And my undergrad education is getting some use, since one of the first classes I took was Web Development. Now, of course, people have five different avenues for purchasing Spiral X.

Speaking of Spiral X, the Post-Christmas Sale for it is going along well. We're coupling it with a Facebook Ad that has seen a fair amount of impressions and quite a few clicks as well. It goes straight to the Chapter One tab, so if you're here at this blog from that little campaign, then welcome! Glad to have you. Tomorrow Spiral X will be featured as a Daily Frugal Read over at The Kindle Reader blog, so we have hope that sales will really pick up then. It's all about the Amazon ranking, which has hovered between 15,000 and 30,000 over the last few days. We're hoping enough sales go through to push it into a Top 100 listing, so keep your fingers crossed.

Work on the short story is going well. I'm setting a personal deadline of January 8th, since that's when the sale is going to end for Spiral X. The hope is that the short will entice people enough to give the book a try.

I think that's enough for today. I'll see you guys again for Sample Sunday. In the meantime, have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment