Sunday, December 12

Sample Sunday

Welcomed to Sample Sunday! Today I will be presenting you with a sample from what is currently Chapter Twenty-Seven of Knight's Rebellion. The scene is one where our protagonist, Halton, is trying to find where a new friend has disappeared to, and comes across an unnatural occurrence.

Not more than an hour later, and just as the last of the light faded from the land around us, we came across the hard edge of the jungle. And I mean hard. Like there was an invisible wall where the jungle stopped and the clearing began. I hadn't seen anything like it in my entire life. Across the way from us was a stone structure, much like the temple Faybren had taken me to, but smaller.
"This isn't right," I said in a voice barely above a whisper. "Something is preventing the jungle from encroaching on the temple up there."

 And that's today's Sample Sunday. Hope you all have a good day. Go Cowboys!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great, and I love the description "hard edge of the jungle".

    ReplyDelete