Sunday, January 30

Sample Sunday - Split

I skipped Sample Sunday last week because I was so close to finishing Split that I didn't want to break and find yet another passage in Knight's Rebellion for you to look at. Now that Split is finished, we're in the soft launch stage, which means it's been uploaded but it's still propagating through the Amazon and B&N search engines. However, today I give you a chance to read it, for free, so long as you go to Smashwords and download it (I know, I'm demanding). So go there, read it, love it, tell five friends and fame and fortune will be yours. No? Well, as long as you read it, I'll be happy. Here's the blurb:
Erika kills vampires, but not in the usual manner. Her way leaves a body behind, the demon cleansed from the vessel it tried to control. Mitch is a Hunter and Erika's trainer. However, Mitch is ever the traditionalist and focuses more on the physical training and not on Erika's unique ability. Adonis has no qualms about training Erika to use her ability. As long as she uses it to achieve his goals.

Buffalo, New York is a long way from Dallas, where the events surrounding the Spiral X nightclub are fading from memory, but the Eternal War knows no boundaries, and battles aren't always won with a stake to the heart.
Split is what will be the first of a series of shorts that take place within the world of the Eternal War. I plan on doing them between major projects as a way to step back and focus on something less complex than a full-length novel. They'll use current characters everyone knows as well as new characters that have yet to be introduced into the main series. They'll also be a way for me to explore various aspects of the Eternal War that might not get a whole lot of love in the main series. Go HERE to download it from Smashwords.

Speaking of the Eternal War, the follow-up to Spiral X is going to be my next novel. As much as I want to work on Knight's Rebellion, the reality is that right now the readers I do have are here because of Spiral X. Which means I need to keep within the paranormal genre so that I build that fanbase enough for other genres to be available. Butcher didn't break from his Dresden Series until he had a few of them under his belt and Hamilton didn't break from the Anita Blake series until she had a few of them out as well. So, in a business sense, continuing the Eternal War for a bit is probably the best choice. At least until book after book four.

That's not to say KR is completely going on the backburner. When I need a break from the current project, I'll get a few pages or a chapter of it done so that it's ready down the line. As well, I would like to turn it into a trilogy so I need more time to come up with the other two books. I want to make sure any eventual fans I pick up on KB aren't disappointed down the line.

That's it for today. See ya'll later!

No comments:

Post a Comment